- Immigrating to Canada? Talk to a Canadian immigration lawyer.
- A Conviction Can Get You Deported. Talk To a immigration lawyer Today
- Facing deportation after an expired Visa?
- Applying for Permanent Residency? Talk To a immigration lawyer Today
- Sponsoring A Family Member To Canada? Call a immigration lawyer Today!
- Applying for a Study or Work Visa? Let a immigration lawyer Help You
Why you need a lawyer, not a consultant
Catherine McGhie attended law school at the University of British Columbia and graduated with an LL.B. in 2002. She completed her articles at a national law firm in Vancouver and was called to the bar of British Columbia in 2004. After a move to Ottawa, she was called to the bar of Ontario in 2005 and practised in the area of Wills and Estates law. She joined Stevenson, Luchies & Legh in 2019 and practises primarily in the area of immigration law at the Victoria office. She is a member of the Law Society of British Columbia and the Canadian Bar Association. Whilst taking a sabbatical from the practice of law to concentrate on raising her children, Catherine volunteered with many children’s societies, including the locally run Story Studio Writing Society which engages children in creative writing. She also spent 6 months in France with her family where she immersed herself in the culture and language of France. She continued her studies on her return to Canada and received her diploma in French from the University of Victoria in April 2019. In her spare time, Catherine enjoys hiking, swimming and skiing, and is an avid spectator of her daughter’s dance shows and her sons’ baseball games. Just don’t ask her to explain the infield fly rule. Learn More