Let Us Help You
How an experienced lawyer can help you immigrate to Canada.
Do you have dreams of living, working or studying in Canada? If you are serious about immigrating to Canada or coming to Canada on a temporary basis, our lawyers can help you achieve these goals.
Skilled immigration lawyers cost money, but they earn every penny. We can provide you with assistance in the following areas:
- Immigration laws and procedures are complicated, and they can change at any time without warning. Our immigration lawyers are experts in the field and it is their job to keep abreast of updates to relevant laws and regulations so that you don’t miss an opportunity or a critical detail.
- It can be difficult to determine for which immigration programs you might be eligible. Our lawyers can identify the program that is right for you.
- The smallest mistake or omission on your application can result in your application being denied. Our lawyers can help you to prepare your best application in order to maximize your chances of being accepted.
- Facing the possibility of deportation from Canada can be extremely stressful. Our lawyers can advise you of your rights and help you explore all possible avenues for remaining in Canada.
- The stakes are high. Do you want to risk navigating the Canadian immigration system on your own? Your chances of successfully being admitted to Canada are much higher with the help of an experienced immigration lawyer.
You need an immigration lawyer, not a consultant. Here’s why.
You may have heard that an immigration consultant can help you file your application for a reduced fee. Immigration consultants often charge less for their services than experienced immigration lawyers because they have less to offer. Hiring an immigration consultant can be perilous. In Canada, immigration consultants: ·
- Do not have to undergo legal training.
- Do not necessarily understand the complexities of Canadian immigration laws.
- May or may not be certified by the organization that governs immigration consultants in Canada.
- Have claimed to be immigration experts even if they have no experience with more complicated immigration files or applications.
- Have defrauded prospective immigrants by charging exorbitant fees and simply telling the clients that their applications were refused when, in fact, the applications were never even filed.
Don’t risk your immigration goals by hiring someone who may not have the knowledge and experience to get the job done. Get the peace of mind you deserve! Our immigration lawyers will help you to prepare your best possible application, maximizing your chances of success.
Do you intend to move to Canada on a temporary basis?
There are a variety of programs that allow foreign nationals to live, work or study in Canada on a temporary basis. Each program has specific eligibility requirements and procedures, all of which you must adhere to precisely in order to be admitted to Canada.
Options for gaining entry to Canada on a temporary basis include:
- A visitor visa: Citizens of certain countries require a visa in order to visit Canada. Our lawyers can help you determine if you need a visa and can help you to obtain one as efficiently as possible.
- A study permit: Any foreign national who intends to study at a Canadian educational institution requires a permit to do so.
- A temporary work permit: A foreign national can live and work in Canada for a specified period of time under a temporary work permit in order to fill a position in an organization that can prove it is facing a labour shortage. These permits are designed support economic growth in Canada by helping Canadian businesses fill positions that they have been unable to fill with Canadian workers.
- A temporary residency permit: There are three types of temporary residency permit: single entry, multiple entry and transit visa. Our lawyers can help you determine which one will meet your needs. Citizens of some countries do not require a temporary residency visa to enter Canada.
Are you seeking to gain permanent admission to Canada?
The Canadian government has several programs available to foreign nationals who wish to permanently relocate to Canada. These programs all have different eligibility criteria and application requirements. Our immigration lawyers can provide you with the professional assistance you need to successfully become a permanent resident of Canada.
Currently, the available programs include:
- Canadian Experience Class: Foreign nationals in Canada under temporary admission may be eligible to apply for permanent residency based on the experiences they have gained in Canada, such as language skills and work experience.
- Provincial Nominee Programs: The provinces and territories of Canada each have the ability to nominate foreign nationals for permanent residency. Each province and territory has different requirements to qualify for nomination.
- Federal Skilled Worker Class: In order to qualify for this program, you must have specific skills that the government has determined will aid the Canadian economy.
- Live-In Caregiver Program: This program applies to foreign nationals who possess the skills to care for children, the elderly, or disabled citizens, and who intend to reside in the home of their employer for the duration of their employment contract.
- Spousal Sponsorship or Parental Sponsorship: Canadian citizens are able to sponsor a spouse or family member for permanent resident status.
Errors can result in your application for admission being denied.
Once you have determined which program will meet your needs, it is vital that your application is complete and correct. Even a complete application does not guarantee that you will be admitted to Canada. Many applicants are found to be “inadmissible” under Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) for a number of reasons, including:
- Security concerns.
- Violations to human rights or international rights.
- Criminality or organized criminality.
- Health concerns.
- Financial concerns.
- Non-compliance with the IRPA.
- Having an inadmissible family member.
Don’t wait until your application has been denied to hire a lawyer. Trying to undo mistakes after you have been denied entry to Canada can be expensive, time consuming, and sometimes impossible. A skilled immigration lawyer in your area can ensure that your application is prepared properly the first time so that you maximize your chance of acceptance.
Are you are facing the possibility of deportation?
Foreign nationals may face threats of deportation if they have been convicted of a criminal offence in Canada or if their temporary resident, work or study visa has expired.
The earlier you speak to an experienced immigration lawyer, the more likely that they will be able to help you. Our lawyers have experience representing clients at hearings before the Immigration Division, the Refugee Protection Division, the Refugee Appeal Division and the Immigration Appeal Division. If you have been charged with a crime in Canada, or if you need to renew a visa, contact one of our skilled professionals today.